Pyracantha Hedge - Pot Grown
Pyracantha / Firethorn
Pyracantha are thorny and prickly and they make the best natural security barrier for gardens, or other projects.
- They are manageable and are some of the best berrying shrubs which is a good way to feed wildlife.
- All varieties of Pyracantha produce masses of small white flowers in early summer followed by long lasting yellow, orange or red fruits in autumn.
Pyracantha are evergreen or semi-evergreen, with a rigid habit and large spines and is one of the best recommended anti-burglar plants to grow in gardens.
- Pyracantha plants will grow on any soils except boggy ones.
- They are great for walls, fences facing any direction, in sun or shade.
- Pyracantha are not climbers but can be trained against walls or fences if tied, and make a fantastic free standing shrub or hedge.
Check out our Pot Grown Hedging section for more great plants for the garden!