Blueberry Plants - Blueberry Bushes
Blueberry Plants and Bushes for Sale
Scot Plants Direct offer a large range of Blueberry Bushes or Plants that are 2-3 years old, and developed enough to be fruit-bearing this year or next, and will crop for many years to come.
- Get help from us in growing your own blueberry bushes whether for fun or to start your own blueberry farm.
- Browse our blueberry bush section and select from favourites such as Dixi, Blue Gold or new variety Ozark Blue
Growing blueberries is not as difficult as one may think. All you need are blueberry bushes that suit your climate, prepare the soil with the proper pH and you will have home grown, antioxidant rich berries all summer long.
Blueberries have been around a long time and are one of the easiest fruits to grow. You can grow certain types of blueberry bushes almost anywhere. The only factor to remember is the soil acidity as blueberries require a pH 5.0 or slightly lower. Blueberries can be grown in containers filled with an acidic, bark based planting mix which is perfect for very small gardens, patios and decks.
Types of Blueberries to Try
- Northern highbush blueberries like Jersey, Blue Crop, and Northland grow in almost any climate, including colder climates.
- Lowbush blueberries such as Top Hat are native to the colder parts of North America.
- Southern highbush such as the blueberry bush, Sunshine Blue are for the warmer climates and require little chilling.
How to Plant Blueberries
You should choose a sunny, well drained site that has an acidic pH soil for growing blueberry bushes. Most soils may have to be amended to reach the recommended pH - incorporate some rhododendron / azalea compost into the planting site and that will ensure a proper environment.
- Note: All blueberry bushes are VAT free!!